HRC 10-8 Horizontal Windlass 5/16" Chain, 5/8" Rope, 12V, with Capstan
Designed for boats up to 45 feet, the HRC10-8 Horizontal Series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of Maxwell's previous, fully automatic rope / chain anchor winches.
- On/Off Breaker Panel
- Reversing Solenoid
- Up/down Panel Switch
- Clutch Release Handle
- The HRC10-8 is Maxwell's fully automatic rope/ chain or all chain horizontal windlass
- Designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 8mm (5/16" ) chain and 16mm (5/8" ) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
- The HRC 10-8 has a patented uniquely designed chain wheel will accommodate ANY 5/16" or 8 mm marine grade chain spliced to 5/8" rope.
- The aesthetically pleasing above deck design, evolved from the philosophy of form follows function, encapsulates the motor and drive in a two part watertight case, saving space below deck
- Case Material: Anodized Aluminum
- The two part case consists of a die cast, marine-grade hard anodised alloy front section and a rugged and easily removable composite motor cover aft section.
- This two piece watertight case allows for quick and easy, on-deck,routine maintenance.
- Simple " bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up.
- The stainless steel pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure on the rode (rope, splice or chain).
- The new and revolutionary patented Wave Design chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences, within the specified chain size diameters, suitable for use with the HRC10 Series.
- The unique Maxwell " wrap around" horizontal chainwheel ensures that more than 90x of the wheel is used, allowing greatly improved rope and chain handling compared with competitor designs.
- High quality Stainless Steel chainwheels
- The HRC10 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire the added security and holding power of an all-chain anchor system.
- The integral chain pipe and huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope / chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring and emergency crank recovery of the rode and anchor if required.
- The sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel.
- Exclusive Maxwell 3 YEAR Limited Warranty
- Maximum PUll: 1540 lbs
- Chain Short Link: 5/16" or 8mm
- Chain Speed (Anchor Retrieval): 79 ft per Minute
- Rope Speed (Anchor Retrieval): 65 ft per Minute
- Rope Size (Nylon 3 strand or 8 Plait): 5/8"
- Power Supply (DC): 12VDC
- Motor Power: 1000 Watts
- Net weight: 42 lbs