RC 12-12 Vertical Windlass 1/2" Chain, 3/4" Rope, 12V
- On/Off Breaker Panel
- Reversing Solenoid
- Up/Down Panel Switch
Maxwell once again leads the market in innovative thinking with the introduction of their latest Wave Design™ chainwheel. This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
The RC12-12 fully automatic windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 12 - 13 mm (1/2") short link chain and 20 mm (5/8") three strand or 8-Plait rope.
- Stainless steel AISI 316.
- A sleek, Low Profile version and a fluted stainless steel (AISI 316) capstan drum version, are available.
- The RC12 is packed with patented innovative features combined with Maxwell's traditionally classic aesthetics, but reflecting the modern "form follows function" of the highly successful RC6, RC8 and RC10 series windlasses.
- With a maximum pull of 1590 kg (3500 lb), and an anchor retrieval rate of 15 m/min (50ft/min), the RC12-12 is one of the fastest and gruntiest windlasses in its class.
- The elegantly designed deckplate and chainpipe cover are manufactured in polished marine-grade (AISI 316) stainless steel, as are the heavy duty pressure arm, stripper, chainwheel and fluted capstan drum.
- The huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Double cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits 'Free Fall' anchoring. Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement, ensuring safe and precise operator control.
- The RC12 features Maxwell's revolutionary and patented new Wave DesignT chainwheel.
- Emergency manual retrieval is made simple and easy with Maxwell's unique "Active Latch Ratchet System" operation that prevents backwind of the windlass during manual hauling of the anchor.
- Every Maxwell RC12 automatic rope/chain windlass comes with top works, motor/gear box and dual direction solenoid. Switches and circuit breaker are available and need to be ordered separately.
- Activation of the ratcheted mechanism lever ensures the windlass cannot backwindduring emergency (manual) retrieval of the rode (rope and/or chain) and anchor.
- Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper and/or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Every Maxwell automatic rope/chain windlass is available with all the necessary components for fully automatic dual direction control in a competitively priced package.
- More corrosion resistant.
- Easy to maintain and service.
- Takes up less room in the anchor locker.
- 100:1 ratio, single stage design with less moving parts, for smoother and quieter operation.
- Allows for multi-positioning of the gearbox/motor.
- Motor: 1200 Watts
- Maximum Pull/lift: 3500 lbs
- Static Hold: 4840 lbs
- Chain Short Link: 1/2"
- Rope Size: 3/4"
- Net weight: 64 lbs
- Chain Speed: 50 ft/min
- Rope Speed: 43 ft/min