Shockles™ LineSnubber™, Blue, 20″ (51 cm) Minimizes stress on ALL lines—or use on any boat!
Shock Absorber for less chafe, more safety
Shockles are most commonly found around boats. They are often used as shock absorbers on dock lines and anchor lines to reduce loads, minimize chafe and increase safety. Shockles generally make life at the dock or at a mooring safer and more comfortable.
Tensions and loads on a dock or mooring change as tidal surges, wakes, winds and currents change. Shockles absorb shock loads on mooring lines, making the lines last longer. Putting an end to jarring and snapping at the end of the line makes time aboard more comfortable, too. Shockles also safely absorb sudden shock loads, such as those at the end of a tow line or created by a dinghy tied on deck or suspended by davits at the stern.
The Boeing Insitu ScanEagle drone “lands” using a catch-line system that includes Shockles. During a drone retrieval, Shockles help diffuse and minimize dangerous and potentially damaging loads when the drones are flown into the catch-line system.
Shockles are also used by the U.S. Navy to retrieve drones and to launch vessels from moving ships. Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) uses Shockles while exploring the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
- Progressive tension design means the further LineSnubber stretches, the greater its return force. The result is smooth action and moderated stress.
- The patented internal line limiter is made of 2500 lb. (1140 kg) test nylon webbing. LineSnubber’s outer sheath is 3500 lb. (1590 kg) test tubular nylon webbing that is UV resistant to protect internal the parts.
- Shockles are strong, but they need to be rigged in-line so they never bear the full load alone. Six to 12″ (15-30 cm) of slack is recommended. Increase line slack between the attachment loops to a maximum of 12″ (30 cm) as loads increase.
- LineSnubber has a maximum stretch of 16″ (40 cm) before the line limiter safely stops further stretching.
- The slack line may be wrapped around LineSnubber to “neaten” it up.
- Blue LineSnubber with two 316 Stainless Steel Clips
- 20″ (51 cm) length when relaxed. Can stretch to a maximum length of 36″ (91 cm).